Thursday, April 16, 2009

The newest quilt- Pink and Brown.

I just finished this quilt for my cousins baby girl, I don't even know when her shower is, but when she has it I will be ready. I started it early thinking it would take me awhile to get it done but it actually only took me 2 weeks. Sewing on the binding took me the longest. I love it so much I wanted to keep it for my Daughter. hehehe. I am use to working with the minky fabric i have made
at least a dozen blankets with it but I usually put Flannel on the front and just do a turn blanket. I have never did it with a binding, I really like the results.A few of the blocks have green in them which I really liked. I wanted to try to make it not to baby-ish. So she can grow up with it, and use it for a long time.




2 comments:

Crystal said...

This is stunning! I love the pieced binding! What's the overall size?

Regina Z said...

Thanks Crystal, I decided to save some money and time and just use my scraps for the binding, lol The finished size is 40" square. Its so soft and cuddly My baby keeps trying ot steal it, so now I need to make her one. haha She has a blanket that is cow flannel on one side and red minky dot on the other, she loves but hates when I have to wash it so I need to make her a back up blanket.