Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Half way thru the longest week. March 4th


It is really bad to think about book characters more then once a day. lol I picked up the Twilight book in the airport while waiting for our plane on our way to our cruise. My Friend Carrie had been raving about the books and I thought might as well try to read them. I never would have imaged the impact that one decision would make. As soon as I finished the book after our 7 day cruise I flipped to the start and read it all over again. I have read the whole series 3 times since October. Some days I wish I could just escape into the world and never come back out. I have been having one of those weeks. Yesterday in particular was very hard I was getting it from every angle the stress was threatening to totally disable me, but I have a great support system in my husband and mom and was able to keep my head above the gray clouds that were threatening to bring me down. The rain was actually a nice companion it reminded me of the books I so love. my Baby girl is teething and sick and super cranky, my middle one is constantly testing his authority with me and I am dealing with my oldest and some issues with school. I am trying to function on little sleep and a lot of coffee, not really the best thing but I can only do what I can do. Today seems to a lot better so I can actually write this and not feel as overwhelmed as I have been,a nd writing for me has always been wonderful therapy. I have over 2 dozen journals I have kept since 3rd grade. Blogging is all quite new to me but is proven to be just as therapeutic. On the bright side yesterday was my husbands birthday he turned 33 on SQUARE ROOT Day. lol 3-3-09. We had a nice dinner from Outback steak house. So I am fighting the urge to dive into my twilight world and just keep reading my children of the earth books, and try to get out to my sewing machine. I have been itching for days to start a few quilted pot holders to practice some of my straight 1/4"seams and some FMQ. Now that I have a new laptop thanks so my hubby I can bring all my tutorials I find online out to where I sew. I also need to make some new pillowcases and maybe and cute new laptop case.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Ugh, I've been feeling down too (although I don't have any kids so that's not the problem). I started re-reading Twilight last night because I was so down. It's my third time. And I saw the movie again this weekend (fourth time!) It's just so comforting to live in their world for a while.

Regina Z said...

That is the great thing about books they give us an escape from our crazy hectic stressful lives. Thank goodness for awesome Authors. :) Hope you have a great week!