Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21

The house is quiet and so peaceful right now, it makes me think of the times when I didn't have 3 kids. Its hard to image life with out them and all there wonderful noise. but I do cherish these times of quiet, and i know that I also should cherish all the noise as strange as that sounds. I know how fast they grow up and sooner then I know it they will be teenagers and will rarely be home. I wonder what kind of parent I will be when they are older. I know for sure I am going to be a worrier. I think Matthew will be the hardest to tame lol he has such a strong personalty all ready and he is only 3, but I also know he will be the one who will come to me for anything, he will be the kid who I can have the late night conversations with. I really hate to think to far into the future I really want to just live in the moment and love every second with them. I want to give them boundaries and rules but I also don't want their lives so structured they hate it. I hope I can really find that middle ground and as a parent that is so hard to do.
This month has been flying by Riley turns 8 next week and he starts school in a few days I will have to post a picture of him in his new school uniform. October will be here before we know it. We got our passports all sent off and hopefully get those some time in the next few weeks. our airline tickets are purchased and now I just have to do some clothes shopping and we should be all set. the only thing we need is money to spend on the vacation. lol well I better start my day and get as many chores done before the little ones wake up. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head when you said "I hope I can find middle ground" we all feel like that! Its too scary to think about it. The older they get the more fighting they do with each other and protesting my rules to say the least....I'm afraid very afraid! DO enjoy they years before they get to the "tween" age and it gets ugly.